中英对照读新闻》 World’s largest toothpaste collection includes whiskey, wasabi flavors 世界上规模最大的牙膏藏品 威士忌、芥末口味在列

• 发表时间:
    , 文章来源:LTN, 新闻取自各大新闻媒体,新闻内容并不代表本网立场

美国一名牙医专门收藏各种牙膏,包含各种稀奇古怪口味的产品。示意图。(路透档案照)(photo:LTN)
    美国一名牙医专门收藏各种牙膏,包含各种稀奇古怪口味的产品。示意图。(路透档案照)(photo:LTN)

◎孙宇青

A Georgia dentist earned a Guinness World Records title for his collection of 2037 different toothpaste tubes.

乔治亚州一名牙医因收藏2037支各式各样的牙膏管,创下金氏世界纪录。

Dr. Val Kolpakov said his collection includes rare toothpastes from countries including Japan, Korea, China, India and Russia.

瓦尔‧科尔帕科夫医师表示,他的藏品包括来自日本、南韩、中国、印度和俄罗斯等国的稀有牙膏。

"I started my collection in 2001 to learn more as a dentist about all available toothpastes on the market," said Kolpakov. "Soon I realized that this is a very interesting hobby."

科尔帕科夫说:「身为一名牙医,我从2001年开始蒐集牙膏,以便进一步了解市面上所有可用的牙膏。我很快意识到这是一个趣味十足的嗜好。」

Kolpakov said some of the most unusual tubes displayed at his dental practice’s "mini museum" include a trio of whiskey-flavored tubes in rye, scotch and bourbon varieties. He said the novelty toothpastes, manufactured by Don Poynter in the 1950s, contain 3% alcohol.

科尔帕科夫说,他在牙科诊所的「迷你博物馆」中展示的一些最不寻常的牙膏,包括黑麦、苏格兰和波本等3种威士忌口味的牙膏。他说,这些新颖的牙膏由唐.波因特在1950年代生产,成份中含有3%的酒精。

Other unusual entries include a tube of Doramad toothpaste containing the radioactive compound thorium.

其他不寻常藏品包括一支含有放射性化合物钍的Doramad牙膏。

新闻辞典

toothpaste:名词,牙膏。例句:Tommy used up a tube of toothpaste in only two weeks.(汤米只花了2週就用光一支牙膏。)

novelty:名词,新颖、新奇。例句:The novelty of the dress wore off very soon and Shelly didn’t want to wear it anymore.(雪莉对这件洋装的新鲜感很快消失,不想再穿了。)