中英对照读新闻》Trump allies, White House clash over Transgender Day 川普盟友与白宫因跨性别日发生冲突

• 发表时间:
    , 文章来源:LTN, 新闻取自各大新闻媒体,新闻内容并不代表本网立场

美国前总统川普的竞选阵营不满拜登宣告31日复活节当天为「跨性别者现身日」,称此为对基督教的亵渎与攻击。图为川普在总统任内的2019年4月出席在白宫举行的复活节活动。(法新社)(photo:LTN)
    美国前总统川普的竞选阵营不满拜登宣告31日复活节当天为「跨性别者现身日」,称此为对基督教的亵渎与攻击。图为川普在总统任内的2019年4月出席在白宫举行的复活节活动。(法新社)(photo:LTN)

◎陈成良

President Joe Biden is facing criticism from Donald Trump’s campaign and religious conservatives for proclaiming March 31 — which corresponds with Easter Sunday this year — as “Transgender Day of Visibility.”

总统拜登因宣布3月31日(今年与复活节週日同一天)为「跨性别者现身日」,面临川普竞选团队和宗教保守派的批评。

The Democratic president issued the proclamation on Friday, calling on “all Americans to join us in lifting up the lives and voices of transgender people throughout our Nation and to work toward eliminating violence and discrimination based on gender identity.”

这位民主党总统週五发布这项公告,唿吁「所有美国人与我们一起,提升全国跨性别者的生活水准和声音,并努力消除基于性别认同的暴力和歧视。」

But in 2024, the March 31 designation overlaps with Easter, one of Christianity’s holiest celebrations. Trump’s campaign accused Biden, a Roman Catholic, of being insensitive to religion, and fellow Republicans piled on.

但在2024年,3月31日的指定日期与基督教最神圣庆祝活动之一的复活节重叠。川普的竞选团队指责,身为罗马天主教徒的拜登对宗教不敏感,共和党同僚也纷纷指责。

White House spokesperson Andrew Bates said the Republicans criticizing Biden “are seeking to divide and weaken our country with cruel, hateful and dishonest rhetoric.”

白宫发言人贝茨表示,批评拜登的共和党人「试图用残酷、仇恨和不诚实的言论,来分裂和削弱我们的国家。」

新闻辞典

correspond:动词,符合;一致[(+to/with)]。例句:I assure you my actions will correspond with my words. (我向你保证,我将言行一致。)

pile on:片语,(对某人)群起攻之,发出勐烈的抨击。例句:After his temper tantrum, a pile-on by commentators immediately ensued.(他发完脾气之后,马上就被各种评论人士群起而攻之。)