中英对照读新闻》Stolen pitbull reunited with family thanks to 2,000-mile volunteer relay 拜2000哩的义工接力之赐 失窃的比特犬与家人团圆

• 发表时间:
    , 文章来源:LTN, 新闻取自各大新闻媒体,新闻内容并不代表本网立场

开车接力送狗的义工之一,在车内抱着斗牛犬宙斯。(取自网路)(photo:LTN)
    开车接力送狗的义工之一,在车内抱着斗牛犬宙斯。(取自网路)(photo:LTN)

◎张沛元

A pitbull named Zeus was stolen from his Butte, Montana family two months ago. When the alleged dognapper was captured in West Virginia, Zeus was still with him.

一只名叫「宙斯」的比特犬,2个月前被从位于蒙大拿州巴特的家人身边偷走。当掳狗犯在西维吉尼亚州落网时,宙斯还在他身边。

Fortunately for Zeus and his family, he was microchipped. His family was found, but getting him home wasn’t that easy. Many airlines have banned pitbulls from flying.

对宙斯及其家人而言,所幸宙斯身上有晶片,得以找到牠的家人,但把宙斯送回家并非易事。许多航空公司禁止搭载比特犬。

A network of dog-loving volunteers came into play and put together a relay of drivers to give Zeus a lift back home: 15 volunteers traveling 2,000 miles across nine states in four days.

一个爱狗义工网络因此介入,拼凑出一个让宙斯搭便车回家的驾驶人接力队:15名义工在4天内横越9个州行驶2000英里。

A Kansas City radio station got wind of the trip and did a live report on Facebook during one of the handoffs.

堪萨斯城的一家广播电台得知这趟送狗之旅后,在其中一段接力送狗过程中做了「脸书」直播。

新闻辞典

put together:惯用语,把…组装在一起,拼组,整理出,拼凑成。

give someone a lift:惯用语,(1)让某人搭便车;(2)帮某人打气(让人心情愉快受到鼓舞)。例句:(1)Giving a lift to strangers could put you in trouble.(让陌生人搭便车可能会让你惹上麻烦。)(2)My friends came to see me when I was in hospital - it really gave me a lift.(我朋友在我住院时来看我—这真的让我精神为之一振。)

get wind of something:听到…的风声;得知…秘密消息。例句:I don’t want my colleagues to get wind of the fact that I’m quitting.(我不想让我的同事知道我将要离职。)